This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4777 / 51°28'39"N
Longitude: -0.6128 / 0°36'46"W
OS Eastings: 496434
OS Northings: 176326
OS Grid: SU964763
Mapcode National: GBR F8L.7X0
Mapcode Global: VHFTG.B4D1
Entry Name: The Merry Wives of Windsor
Listing Date: 2 October 1975
Last Amended: 29 December 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280711
English Heritage Legacy ID: 40538
Location: Windsor and Maidenhead, SL4
County: Windsor and Maidenhead
Electoral Ward/Division: Castle Without
Built-Up Area: Windsor
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: New Windsor
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5130 ST LEONARD'S ROAD
(The Merry Wives of Windsor)
SU 9676 SW 5/204
C17 timber framed building considerably altered. Probably had overhang. 2 storeys plastered painted facing, no framing exposed. Ground floor built out with public house front circa 1900. Steep pitch old tile roof. Alterations in early Cl9 with insertion of 3 flush architrave framed sash windows to 1st floor, tripartite with glazing bars. 2 gabled casement dormers. Public house front: pilasters, cornice and parapet swept up to pedimental gabled over centre. Round archivolt arched pilastered doorways, broader to centre. Beams boxed within except for centre ceiling beam.
Listing NGR: SU9643576323
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings