This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.4112 / 53°24'40"N
Longitude: -2.9991 / 2°59'56"W
OS Eastings: 333682
OS Northings: 390956
OS Grid: SJ336909
Mapcode National: GBR 71M.74
Mapcode Global: WH876.XJ07
Entry Name: Gates to Docks 24 and 27 and 28 and Princes Dock
Listing Date: 19 June 1985
Last Amended: 29 January 2001
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280755
English Heritage Legacy ID: 213714
Location: Liverpool, L3
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Liverpool
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside
Church of England Parish: Liverpool Our Lady and St Nicholas
Church of England Diocese: Liverpool
SJ3390 BATH STREET
392/27/108+2 PRINCES DOCK
19-JUN-85 GATES TO DOCKS 24, 27, 28 AND PRINCES
(Formerly listed as:
GATE TO PRINCES DOCK)
Gate piers. 1821. John Foster, Dock Engineer 1799-1824. Granite rubble piers with splayed bases, rounded angles and Doric caps, that to left larger, with window and rear entrance (Gatekeeper's hut); that to right has groove and original gate.
Listing NGR: SJ3368290956
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings