This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2748 / 53°16'29"N
Longitude: -0.0341 / 0°2'2"W
OS Eastings: 531184
OS Northings: 377115
OS Grid: TF311771
Mapcode National: GBR XZ6K.DS
Mapcode Global: WHHK5.FYZB
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 9 March 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280874
English Heritage Legacy ID: 195911
Location: Maidenwell, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, LN9
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Maidenwell
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Ruckland with Farforth, Maidenwell and Oxcombe S Olave
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
MAIDENWELL OXCOMBE LANE
TF 37 NW (south side)
7/27 Church of
9.3.67 All Saints
Parish church, now redundant. 1842 by W. A. Nicholson. Stock
brick with limestone ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with stone
coped gables and cross finial. Octagonal west tower, nave and
polygonal chancel. Octagonal west tower with 8 stage buttresses.
Pointed west doorway with wooden frame and plank door. Moulded
eaves and parapet with recessed octagonal bell stage with 8 ogee
headed cusped openings divided by 2 stage buttresses. Moulded
eaves above and battlements with 8 ornate pinnacles. Ashlar
corbel table runs round nave and chancel. North side of nave
with 2 rectangular windows, both with 2 cusped ogee headed lights
and brick hood moulds. North sides of polygonal chancel plain.
East end with rectangular window with 3 cusped ogee headed lights
and brick hood mould. South sides of chancel plain. South side
of nave with 2 rectangular windows with 2 cusped, ogee headed
lights and brick hood moulds. 3 sides of octagonal tower
penetrate nave interior with pointed tower arch with continuously
chamfered surround. Flattened pointed chancel arch with
continuous chamfered surround. C19 pews with poppy head finials.
2 C19 box pews, one incorporating pulpit and lectern. C19
cusped, openwork altar rail. C19 octagonal font. East window
with stained glass of 1914 of the empty tomb. Memorials include:
one in black and white marble with orange and grey streaks,
fluted pilasters, serpentine apron and small Sepulchre, to Thomas
Grant, died 1810; another in grey and white marble with
serpentine apron to William Grant, died 1817; another in black
and white marble with fluted pilasters, urn and draperies, to Ann
Grant, died 1819; another in grey and white marble with fluted
urn, to John Grant, died 1799; another in grey and white marble
with urn and draperies, to Ann Grant, died 1846; a black and
white marble monument to Susanne Briggs, died 1847; and a white
scroll on a black field to Jessy Briggs, died 1846.
Listing NGR: TF3118477115
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.