This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.6289 / 52°37'44"N
Longitude: 1.2989 / 1°17'56"E
OS Eastings: 623357
OS Northings: 308572
OS Grid: TG233085
Mapcode National: GBR W9V.MH
Mapcode Global: WHMTM.X5QY
Entry Name: Hardwick House
Listing Date: 23 October 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280895
English Heritage Legacy ID: 228743
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, NR1
Electoral Ward/Division: Thorpe Hamlet
Built-Up Area: Norwich
Traditional County: Norfolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Norfolk
Church of England Parish: Norwich St George, Tombland
Church of England Diocese: Norwich
TG 2308 NW AGRICULTURAL HALL PLAIN
23.10.70. No.2. (Hardwick House)
Former bank converted into Post Office, now offices. 1866 by P.C. Hardwick with
C20 alterations. Bath stone. Roof not visible. Corner site. 2 storeys plus
semi-basement in King Street. Elevation to Agricultural Hall Plain. 3 bays with
single-storey bay to each side. Paired tetrastyle Ionic portico with 6 steps up
and balustraded parapet continuing across outer single-storey bays. Central door
with semi-circular arch and C20 glazed doors. Sash windows to each side with raised
and moulded surrounds. Sash windows in outer bays with pediments. Casement windows
at first floor with semi-circular arches having scroll keystone. Rusticated quoins.
Central open pediment with garlands and crown. Projecting balustraded cornice.
Elevation to King Street. Seven bays, one storey plus semi-basement, second storey
deeply recessed. First and seventh bays project slightly. One sash under per bay
in raised and moulded surround.
Listing NGR: TG2335708571
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings