This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2048 / 53°12'17"N
Longitude: 0.1936 / 0°11'37"E
OS Eastings: 546608
OS Northings: 369770
OS Grid: TF466697
Mapcode National: GBR LWQ.1SM
Mapcode Global: WHJLS.YQC0
Entry Name: Thwaite Hall
Listing Date: 30 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1280944
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196056
Location: Welton Le Marsh, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE23
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Welton le Marsh
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Welton le Marsh St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 46 NE WELTON LE MARSH off HANBY LANE
5/55 Thwaite Hall
Part of former Augustinian Priory, with attached cottage, now
house. C14, C18 addition, with C20 alterations. Coursed squared
chalk, red brick, pantile roofs, stone coped gables. 2 storey,
single bay front with plinth, central planked door with pointed
arched head. To left a small planked opening. To first floor a
planked doorway. In the left gable a 6 glazing bar light with
medieval arch over. In the brick tympanum a carved human head
and datestone "WM 1739", possibly the date of the attached C18
cottage at the rear, in red brick, with pantile roof having brick
coped tumbled gables and stacks. 2 storey, 3 bay front with
central panelled door covered by C19 gabled wooden porch, flanked
by single glazing bar sashes in wider segmental headed openings.
To first floor are 3 glazing bar sashes to eaves. Interior has 2
re-used ovolo moulded girders. An Augustinian Priory was
recorded here in 1440.
Listing NGR: TF4660869770
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings