History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Scott House

A Grade II Listed Building in Weston Turville, Buckinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.7865 / 51°47'11"N

Longitude: -0.7579 / 0°45'28"W

OS Eastings: 485776

OS Northings: 210487

OS Grid: SP857104

Mapcode National: GBR D36.TFX

Mapcode Global: VHDVC.TC6B

Entry Name: Scott House

Listing Date: 25 October 1951

Last Amended: 11 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1281157

English Heritage Legacy ID: 42889

Location: Weston Turville, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22

County: Buckinghamshire

District: Aylesbury Vale

Civil Parish: Weston Turville

Traditional County: Buckinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Weston Turville

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Weston Turville

Listing Text

SP 81 SE WESTON TURVILLE CHURCH LANE
(south-east side)
5/314 Scott House
(formerly listed as The Rectory
25/10/51
II
House, formerly the Rectory. 1838 by George Gilbert Scott, a very
early work in classical style. Flint squared and coursed to S. front,
elsewhere coursed cobble, with projecting gauged brick rusticated
quoins and dressings. Hipped slate roof with projecting eaves and deep
fascia. End chimneys with dentil cornices. 2-storeys; S front has
3 bays, the central one projecting under a triangular pediment,
sash window with gauged brick heads, segmental to ground floor with
keyblocks, flat to 1st floor with keyblock only to centre. Brick and
flint apron panels to 1st floor. Pair of 3 fielded panel doors with
floral pattern fanlight in semicircular arched opening with stone
imposts, rusticated gauged brick voussoirs and keyblock, approached
by 3 stone steps. N. elevation has central pedimented projecting
bay. Lower 2-storey wing on west and 1-storey service wing with
verandah on wooden posts, flint and brick wall attached in front with
dentil brick coping. Interior semicircular arch to stair hall
curved staircase with continuous handrail; 3 simple marble chimneypieces
on ground floor.


Listing NGR: SP8578310490

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.