This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.9212 / 52°55'16"N
Longitude: -1.3752 / 1°22'30"W
OS Eastings: 442102
OS Northings: 336157
OS Grid: SK421361
Mapcode National: GBR 7GB.TBS
Mapcode Global: WHDGV.VT9X
Entry Name: Ockbrook School
Listing Date: 2 May 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1281243
English Heritage Legacy ID: 82255
Location: Ockbrook and Borrowash, Erewash, Derbyshire, DE72
Civil Parish: Ockbrook and Borrowash
Traditional County: Derbyshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Derbyshire
Church of England Parish: Ockbrook All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Derby
PARISH OF OCKBROOK THE SETTLEMENT
SK 42 36
6/71 (North Side)
School. 1821 with large addition of 1908 and later C20
additions to rear. Built as part of the Moravian Settlement.
Red brick with stone dressings, those to C19 part painted.
Slate roof with pointed, circular ridge vents and brick stacks
midway down the pitch of the roof, also with dentilled eaves
band. Three storeys and eight bays, five bays to early C19 part
and three to 1908 addition. Early C19 building has a flight of
steps with shaped iron railings up to a moulded doorcase with
panelled door below a traceried semi-circular fanlight with its
original lantern. To the south of the doorcase is a single
glazing bar sash below a rusticated wedge lintel with double
keystone and to the north there are a pair of similar sashes
close together with another similar sash beyond to north. Above
there are four similar sashes set in the same arrangement.
Above again, there are five similar openings with sashes, the
additional one being high above the doorcase. Four of the
sashes are glazing bar sashes, whilst the northernmost one is a
horizontal sliding sash. Attached to the north is the 1908
addition which has a two storey canted bay window to north, a
central panelled door with stained glass and 3-light casements
to either side, all below chamfered stone lintels. Above,
similar windows either side of 2-light central window and above
again one 2-light window in half dormer to south, a small
central window and to north a 2-light window set in the gable.
Rear additions of no interest. Interior of the C19 part has
stick baluster staircase and panelled doors and 1908 addition
has a good C18 style open well staircase.
Listing NGR: SK4210236157
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings