This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.8381 / 51°50'17"N
Longitude: -0.7671 / 0°46'1"W
OS Eastings: 485044
OS Northings: 216220
OS Grid: SP850162
Mapcode National: GBR D2L.QW2
Mapcode Global: VHDV5.N2B7
Entry Name: School House
Listing Date: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1281497
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42685
Location: Hulcott, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP22
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Hulcott
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Bierton and Hulcott
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 81 NE HULCOTT THE GREEN
2/115 School House
House, formerly village school and masters house. 1862 by George Devey.
Red brick with some random stonework at base of chimney quoins etc.
Some diaper patterning, upper storey of house painted rendering,
tile hung gable. Tiled roof, wooden bellcote with pyramid roof in
centre behind large offset chimney with 4 diagonal shafts with corbelled heads,
square stack at RH end. 2 storeys, oversailing upper floor to central
gable, diamond leaded casements: 3-light to 1st floor, 4-light to ground
floor. Open gabled porch to RH of main gable, one 3-light casement to
RH, plaque with Latin inscription above. Small lean-to on far RH.
Schoolroom wing to LH with large stone framed gothic arched transomed window
rising up into gable. Plank wall has semicircular arched entry with
2-light window above, below the bellcote.
Listing NGR: SP8504416220
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings