This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9913 / 51°59'28"N
Longitude: -2.1608 / 2°9'38"W
OS Eastings: 389056
OS Northings: 232547
OS Grid: SO890325
Mapcode National: GBR 1JR.0K4
Mapcode Global: VH93T.H6JT
Entry Name: 66, CHURCH STREET (See details for further address information)
Listing Date: 4 March 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1282798
English Heritage Legacy ID: 376704
Location: Tewkesbury, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire, GL20
Civil Parish: Tewkesbury
Built-Up Area: Tewkesbury
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Tewkesbury St Mary the Virgin (Tewkesbury Abbey)
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SO8932 CHURCH STREET
859-1/6/124 (North side)
Includes: No.36 ST MARY'S LANE.
House at end of row. C16. Tension-braced close-studded framing
with plaster or brick infill, tile roof, brick stack.
A well-retained framed building with jetty to both Church
Street and St Mary's Lane, carried on corner bracket to dragon
PLAN: 2-room parallel plan with rear one-room wing.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, attic and basement, 2-windowed. C18
2-light casement gabled dormers above deep 3-light casements
with horizontal bars. Underbuilt ground floor has 4-light
display windows each side of central part-glazed door; further
6-panel door to throughway, left, under blocked transom light.
Return, right, has blocked casement in brick-nogged framing to
ground floor, and small light first-floor left. Here is a
plank door to No.36 St Mary's Lane, and a one-bay wing in
brick, 2 storeys with attic; 2-light casement gable above
2-light C19 and 4-light at ground floor. Rendered back gable.
Large brick stack to rear of main block, and 2-storey rear
INTERIOR: details include a full-width ground floor with a
dragon beam, central front post, and rear left-hand stair; the
first-floor has corner jowl posts, framed partitions
separating front rooms and rear stair well, and an inserted
axial stack to the right-hand room with a door to its right to
a rear winder stair and the rear wing, and attic with clasped
purlins, wind braces front and rear and inserted dormers; rear
wing has axial bridging beams with stepped chamfer stops, a
small ground-floor C19 cast-iron range with spit bar, and
first-floor with end gable collared truss with an extended
Listing NGR: SO8905632547
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings