This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6707 / 51°40'14"N
Longitude: -1.547 / 1°32'49"W
OS Eastings: 431426
OS Northings: 196980
OS Grid: SU314969
Mapcode National: GBR 5VQ.CNX
Mapcode Global: VHC0M.48JK
Entry Name: Appletree Farmhouse
Listing Date: 10 November 1952
Last Amended: 10 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1283122
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249486
Location: Littleworth, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Littleworth
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Gainfield
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SU 39 NW
2/6 Appletree Farmhouse
(formerly listed as
10.11.52 Post Office)
C17 rubble stone cottage range with later C18 rear wing. 2-storey and attic
with stone tiled roofs. 2-section main range. Lower east section 2-storey,
2-window with east end wall stack and former west end cross passage. 2-light
casements above, 2-light and 3-light windows below and central door with
cambered heads. Chamfered ground floor centre beam, 2-bay roof, tie-beam and
collar truss with evidence of later widening. Main west section, later C17, 2
gabled dormers, large east end wall stack and small west stack. 2-window range
of 3-light casements, cambered heads to ground floor. Central door removed.
Rear stair gable with 3- and 2-light openings. 3 bays, tie-beam and collar
trusses. Rear wing: one storey and attic, modern tile roof, formerly thatch.
Brick ridge stack, 2-window range, casements. Half-dormers above with brick
panels and tiled gables. 1 half-dormer to rear. Sling brace trusses.
Listing NGR: SU3142696980
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings