This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6544 / 51°39'15"N
Longitude: -1.586 / 1°35'9"W
OS Eastings: 428739
OS Northings: 195152
OS Grid: SU287951
Mapcode National: GBR 5VW.7VH
Mapcode Global: VHC0L.GPF2
Entry Name: The Old Station
Listing Date: 10 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1283212
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249466
Location: Great Faringdon, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Great Faringdon
Built-Up Area: Faringdon
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Faringdon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
GREAT FARINGDON PARK ROAD
1/13 The Old Station
1864 former station of G.W.R. Coursed squared rubble with ashlar dressings.
Tudor Gothic style. One storey with platform each side and large hipped slate
valley roof carried out over platforms on 6 curved wood brackets each side.
Brick stack in central valley pierced by Tudor arch. West side platform now
enclosed. East side 5 openings, central Tudor arched door with hoodmould
flanked by 2-light mullioned windows and outer single lights in plain chamfered
surrounds. Platform braces carried on stone corbels. North end: diagonal angle
buttresses and Tudor arched window with hoodmould. South end: 2 Tudor arched
doors and small central window.
Listing NGR: SU2873995152
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings