History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Group of Three Monuments in Churchyard About 3 Metres South West of Porch of Church of St Martin

A Grade II Listed Building in Bremhill, Wiltshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.456 / 51°27'21"N

Longitude: -2.0306 / 2°1'50"W

OS Eastings: 397969

OS Northings: 172998

OS Grid: ST979729

Mapcode National: GBR 2SM.PFM

Mapcode Global: VHB3V.RNCQ

Entry Name: Group of Three Monuments in Churchyard About 3 Metres South West of Porch of Church of St Martin

Listing Date: 25 November 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1283532

English Heritage Legacy ID: 316150

Location: Bremhill, Wiltshire, SN11

County: Wiltshire

Civil Parish: Bremhill

Traditional County: Wiltshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire

Church of England Parish: Bremhill

Church of England Diocese: Salisbury

Find accommodation in
Bremhill

Listing Text

BREMHILL BREMHILL VILLAGE
ST 97 SE
(south side.)
8/26 Three monuments in churchyard about
3m south west of porch of Church of
St Martin
GV II

Three chest tombs, C18, ashlar. From north west:
a) Unidentified mid C18 monument, with large oval south plaque
with scroll decoration flanking. Two raised shaped north
plaques on decorated ground, scroll decorated centre and angle
piers. East end has floral drop to piers. South side
inscription, half-buried to William, son of William --.
b) Unidentified monument about lm south east of a), mid C18 with
two shield plaques each side, fielded angle piers and decorated
pier normally in centre placed adjoining left angle pier on
each side. Moulded base and cornice. Inscriptions to ---,
wife of Peter Lane(?) died 1741 and to Peter Lane(?) died 1748.
c) T. Wiltshire monument, about lm south of b), mid C18, with two
shield plaques each side, fluted piers to centre and angles,
moulded base and pulvinated frieze broken forward over piers.
South side has scroll decorated centre pier and inscription to
Thomas Wiltshire, died 1852.


Listing NGR: ST9796972998

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.