This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3188 / 51°19'7"N
Longitude: -2.2147 / 2°12'52"W
OS Eastings: 385134
OS Northings: 157769
OS Grid: ST851577
Mapcode National: GBR 1SS.BWR
Mapcode Global: VH972.K3JT
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 26 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1283596
English Heritage Legacy ID: 314143
Location: Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14
Civil Parish: Trowbridge
Built-Up Area: Trowbridge
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Trowbridge St James
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
(North West Side)
Church of the
ST 8557 6/54
Foundation stone laid 1837. Architect: A. F. Livesay; builders: Charles and Richard Gane. Stone built church in Early English style. Cruciform plan with angle chapels and large tower on south east arm. Angle buttresses with gablets and pinnacles. 2 bay aisled chancel with wall strips and corbel table parapet. Parapetted gables with weathered coping. Tower of 2 stages, crenellated- angle buttresses dying into stop chamfered corner piers; 2 large lancets on ground floor, 3 on 1st floor outer blind inner louvred for belfry; corbels to cornice. 4 bay aisled nave with projecting gabled front to south west having 3 tall lancets and massive side pinnacles. Side walls with wall strips and corbel table parapet. Entrance in south angle with pointed arch. Interior: quadripartite vaults on very slender band Purbeck shafts, raised dogtooth on vault shafts of central bay. Very wide, open space.
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings