This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.4592 / 51°27'33"N
Longitude: -2.1926 / 2°11'33"W
OS Eastings: 386714
OS Northings: 173372
OS Grid: ST867733
Mapcode National: GBR 1R2.JGP
Mapcode Global: VH969.YL68
Entry Name: Priest's House to East of Manor House
Listing Date: 20 December 1960
Last Amended: 9 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1283663
English Heritage Legacy ID: 317101
Location: Biddestone, Wiltshire, SN14
Civil Parish: Biddestone
Built-Up Area: Biddestone
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: By Brook
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
BIDDESTONE CHIPPENHAM LANE
9/11 Priest's House to east of Manor
(formerly listed as outbuildings at
20.12.60 the Manor House
Outbuilding, C16 or C17 extended to north. Rubble stone with stone
tiled roof, coped gables and north end stack. South end gable has
stone sundial over. One room plan, one storey and loft. West side
Tudor arched doorway with hoodmould. South side, ovolo-moulded.
2-light window with iron opening light. East side, C20 3-light
Interior has crude shouldered Tudor arched stone fireplace with
mantel over. Attached to north end a garage range with stone tiled
roof, one C20 4-light mullion window, 2 garages, and 3 open bays,
probably a C20 adaptation of an earlier farm building. Converted
barn (listed with Manor House), Dovecote and Priest's House were
formerly listed as a single item.
Listing NGR: ST8671473372
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings