History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Lychgate to Churchyard of St Andrew

A Grade II Listed Building in Hasketon, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1064 / 52°6'23"N

Longitude: 1.284 / 1°17'2"E

OS Eastings: 624983

OS Northings: 250428

OS Grid: TM249504

Mapcode National: GBR VNM.TPD

Mapcode Global: VHLBP.6BM2

Entry Name: Lychgate to Churchyard of St Andrew

Listing Date: 31 August 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1283901

English Heritage Legacy ID: 285474

Location: Hasketon, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP13

County: Suffolk

District: Suffolk Coastal

Civil Parish: Hasketon

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Hasketon St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Woodbridge

Listing Text

HASKETON CHURCH ROAD
TM 25 SW
(East side)
2/108
Lychgate to churchyard
of St Andrew
GV II
Churchyard lychgate. 1915. Timber framed with brick plinth and plain tile
roof. Rectangular plan with fencing to either side. Western front.
Square corner posts, attached to which are chamfered inward facing posts.
Low gates between with chamfered posts and hinges and handles of wrought
iron. Quadrant-shaped pallisade fences to either side above low brick
walling and terminating in square posts with incised crosses and copper
gable-caps. The central truss has a brattished tie beam supported by 4-
centered arched braces with decorated spandrels springing from the inner-
facing chamfered posts. King post with lateral uprights. Moulded barge
boards at either side. East face: similar, save that the king post is
replaced by a rectangular plaster tablet with reads to both sides:

TO THE
GLORY OF GOD
AND IN MEMORY OF
FREDERIC AND CORDELIA BARLOW
AND THEIR SON
EUSTACE HEPBURN BARLOW
THIS LYCHGATE
WAS ERECTED JULY 1915

The sides of the gate have an open trellis pattern of stout timbers.


Listing NGR: TM2498350428

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.