This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.3213 / 52°19'16"N
Longitude: 1.596 / 1°35'45"E
OS Eastings: 645160
OS Northings: 275338
OS Grid: TM451753
Mapcode National: GBR YX0.GB5
Mapcode Global: VHM74.MX3B
Entry Name: The Green
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1283914
English Heritage Legacy ID: 285533
Location: Blythburgh, Suffolk Coastal, Suffolk, IP19
District: Suffolk Coastal
Civil Parish: Blythburgh
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Blythburgh Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
TM 47 NE BLYTHBURGH PRIORY ROAD
2/17 The Green
House. Probably C17; considerably restored and extended from 2 cottages in
early C20 by the artist Ernest Crofts RA. Timber framed, with half-timbered
facade added in the restoration; south gable end of flint with brick dressings
to ground floor and weatherboarded above, north gable end of brick to eaves
level and plastered above; thatched roof. Extensions to rear of rendered and
weatherboarded brick with plaintiled roof. 2 storeys and attic. 4 window
range, early C20 casements with square leaded panes; one oriel window to ground
floor and 3 to first floor; asymmetrical doorway with early C20 boarded door.
One internal stack and one external stack to south gable, both with altered
tops. Interior with good quality exposed timberwork; original panelling in one
ground floor room; the extensions incorporate re-used C16 timbers.
Listing NGR: TM4516075338
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings