This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9382 / 51°56'17"N
Longitude: -1.5472 / 1°32'50"W
OS Eastings: 431222
OS Northings: 226731
OS Grid: SP312267
Mapcode National: GBR 5RF.KLZ
Mapcode Global: VHBZ8.4KD0
Entry Name: College Place (T Aldridge and Son Scrap Metal Merchant)
Listing Date: 23 April 1952
Last Amended: 20 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284046
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251698
Location: Chipping Norton, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Chipping Norton
Built-Up Area: Chipping Norton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Norton with Over Norton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
CHIPPING NORTON WEST STREET
College Place (T Aldridge
23.4.52 & Son, Scrap Metal
listed as Nos 1, 2, 3
Former farmhouse, now scrap metal dealer's premises. Early C17 of coursed rubble-
stone and stone dressings with a gabled machine tiled roof and 2 ridge brick
stacks. L-shaped plan with farmhouse fronting the road and projecting NE wing
to the rear. Two storeys, 3-window range to the road with offset passage door.
Two upper windows are 3-light mullions with dripstones and a sililar one-light
window. Ground floor has two 4-light mullions and another one-light window.
The passage door has a chamfered dressed stone surround and dripstone above.
The NW room in the roadside block has an early C17 fireplace, obtuse headed with
3 moulded orders, hollow spandrels and stopped jambs. The NE wing is a 2-storey
former stable range, now partially demolished.
Listing NGR: SP3122226731
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings