This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.117 / 51°7'1"N
Longitude: -1.8211 / 1°49'15"W
OS Eastings: 412621
OS Northings: 135318
OS Grid: SU126353
Mapcode National: GBR 50M.VT6
Mapcode Global: VHB5Q.D641
Entry Name: The Court House
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284061
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321568
Location: Woodford, Wiltshire, SP4
Civil Parish: Woodford
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Woodford Valley with Archers Gate
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
WOODFORD LOWER WOODFORD
SU 13 NW
8/253 The Court House
House. C15-C16 and c1840, on site of Manor of the Bishops of
Salisbury. Rendered brick with slate roof, extended to north with
flint and brick chequerwork on one bay, separately roofed. Two
storeys, main block of 4 bays c1840 added to parallel earlier block
built probably after demolition of manor between 1535-1539. Front
block has shaped gable over two central bays, disguising chimneys.
Entrance in second bay, a 6-panelled door in porch formed of
rusticated stone gate piers and semi-circular canopy with stepped
keyblock. Twelve-paned sashes, but tripartite to first bay on both
floors. Rear elevation symmetrical, C18, of 5 bays with central
raised entrance and 12-paned sash windows. Tiled roof.
Internally, earlier work now largely hidden, but cusped blind
trefoiled arch of medieval date and rose boss reset in walls.
Drawing room has eared architrave to fireplace and mid C18 cornice.
Listing NGR: SU1262135318
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings