This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1264 / 51°7'35"N
Longitude: -1.818 / 1°49'4"W
OS Eastings: 412834
OS Northings: 136364
OS Grid: SU128363
Mapcode National: GBR 50M.964
Mapcode Global: VHB5J.FYRC
Entry Name: Stables at Heale House
Listing Date: 10 October 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284087
English Heritage Legacy ID: 321559
Location: Woodford, Wiltshire, SP4
Civil Parish: Woodford
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Woodford Valley with Archers Gate
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SU 13 NW
8/244 Stables at Heale House
Stables and carriage houses. C18, altered late C19-early C20.
Flint with brick dressings and some lacings, tiled roof. Single
storey with attics. Three main bays, comprising a carriageway
through the central gabled and half hipped section, and stable
wings, extended forward-in C19 and being altered at time of survey
(June 1987). Central arch has brick pilasters with arch and brick
dentilled string forming gable cut down by pitching door over.
Hipped dormers to outer bays. Brick dentilled eaves to extensions
and yard walls, also with brick dentilled coping with axial gate
piers having urn finials, and ball finials on corners. Also
included 3.5m high cob wall extending from gable wall of stables
to south, with central passageway.
Listing NGR: SU1283436364
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings