This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1913 / 51°11'28"N
Longitude: -2.1539 / 2°9'14"W
OS Eastings: 389339
OS Northings: 143575
OS Grid: ST893435
Mapcode National: GBR 1VF.87Z
Mapcode Global: VH97P.MB52
Entry Name: Boundary Post
Listing Date: 1 July 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284249
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313224
Location: Sutton Veny, Wiltshire, BA12
Civil Parish: Sutton Veny
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Bishopstrow St Aldhelm
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
BISHOPSTROW BISHOPSTROW VILLAGE
ST 84 SE
Boundary post. Dated 1840. Cast iron T-shaped post with names of
parishes on each arm; SUTTON VENY on left arm, BISHOPSTROW on right
arm, initials C & M/W below. One of a series of boundary posts
along the Wylye Valley, produced by Carson and Miller a firm of
ironfounders operating in Warminster from 1820.
Listing NGR: ST8933943575
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings