History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Stanford Park Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Stanford in the Vale, Oxfordshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.637 / 51°38'13"N

Longitude: -1.4855 / 1°29'7"W

OS Eastings: 435705

OS Northings: 193259

OS Grid: SU357932

Mapcode National: GBR 6XJ.98C

Mapcode Global: VHC0V.63KW

Entry Name: Stanford Park Farmhouse

Listing Date: 10 November 1952

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1284352

English Heritage Legacy ID: 251041

Location: Stanford in the Vale, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7

County: Oxfordshire

District: Vale of White Horse

Civil Parish: Stanford in the Vale

Traditional County: Berkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire

Church of England Parish: Stanford-in-the-Vale with Goosey and Hatford

Church of England Diocese: Oxford

Find accommodation in
Grove

Listing Text

STANFORD-IN-THE-VALE BLACKACRES LANE
SU39SE (North side)
6/211 Stanford Park Farmhouse
10/11/52
GV II

Farmhouse. c.1800. Flemish bond brick with flared headers to front and rear,
coursed and dressed limestone to right side wall, coursed limestone rubble to
other walls. Stone slate roof; brick stacks. 2 storeys; originally 3- now
2-window range. Cambered gauged brick arches over four 6-pane sashes, one of
which has been reset in the original central door opening; other 2 windows have
been blocked by C20 porch with present entrance to left. Projecting plinth
course and storey band, dentilled eaves. Roof is hipped to right and attached to
C20 extension to left; left end stack (rebuilt in C20) and two ridge stacks in
rear right wing. Right side wall has brick jambs and segmental arches to 6-pane
sashes in 3-window range; dentilled eaves. Rear elevation facing courtyard has
segmental arches over C20 door with porch and a blocked door, 2- and 3-light
leaded casements and an inserted late C19 horned sash in a 4-window range;
dentilled eaves. 2-storey block attached to left gable wall- of rear wing has
segmental arches over a plank door, one mid C19 two-light casement and a 2-light
iron barred window. The small yard in the centre of the U-plan has a brick and
tile lean-to with leaded casement windows built onto the rear of the right side
wing. Interior. Remodelled c.1955 when the porch and wing to left of the front
were added. The straight run staircase has been reset into a new position and
much restored with balusters and newels. Rooms retain 4-panelled doors in
moulded architraves and a 2-panelled door in a fine reeded architrave moved to
the internal entry to the left wing of c.1955.


Listing NGR: SU3570593259

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.