This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6461 / 51°38'45"N
Longitude: -1.2711 / 1°16'16"W
OS Eastings: 450527
OS Northings: 194392
OS Grid: SU505943
Mapcode National: GBR 7YY.PG3
Mapcode Global: VHCY6.XWCH
Entry Name: Walton House
Listing Date: 9 February 1966
Last Amended: 19 February 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284624
English Heritage Legacy ID: 251411
Location: Sutton Courtenay, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX14
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Sutton Courtenay
Built-Up Area: Sutton Courtenay
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Sutton Courtenay
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SUTTON COURTENAY CHURCH STREET
SU5094 (West side)
7/95 No.45 (Walton House)
09/02/66 6 (Formerly listed as No,45
(Walton House) and No.43
Shown.on 0.S. Map as "The Wharf".
House. Early C19, possibly incorporating alterations by Walter Cave c,1913. Red
brick with flared headers in Flemish bond; old plain-tile hipped roof with lead
ridges; brick end stacks. 2-storey, 3-window range. 6-panel door to left of
centre with flat hood on brackets. 3-light casements to ground floor left,
centre, and right, having cambered rubbed brick heads and leaded lights. 3-light
casements to first floor with leaded lights. Bracketed eaves. Probably early C20
addition to right in similar style of 2 storey, single-bay range. Interior not
inspected. Included for group value.
Listing NGR: SU5052794392
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings