This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0674 / 52°4'2"N
Longitude: 0.8842 / 0°53'3"E
OS Eastings: 597787
OS Northings: 244931
OS Grid: TL977449
Mapcode National: GBR SL0.8CV
Mapcode Global: VHKF6.89TG
Entry Name: Church of St Peter
Listing Date: 23 January 1958
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284818
English Heritage Legacy ID: 276876
Location: Lindsey, Babergh, Suffolk, IP7
Civil Parish: Lindsey
Traditional County: Suffolk
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk
Church of England Parish: Lindsey
Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich
LINDSEY CHURCH ROAD
Church of St Peter
TL 94 SE 41/717 23.1.58
An early C14 flint and stone building, partly faced with cement. The
west tower was demolished in 1836 (Pevsner) and replaced by a weatherboarded
bellcote. The C14 wood south porch has a cruck arched entrance and open
sides. C14 arcade to nave. Roof with tie beams and crown posts. The
font is circa 1300, square, with intersected blank arcading. There is
part of an original traceried chancel screen with mediaeval painting.
The furnishings include box pews, a C17 3-sided communion rail and an
octagonal pulpit. Graded for its architectural and historic value.
Listing NGR: TL9778744931
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings