This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6808 / 51°40'50"N
Longitude: -1.5031 / 1°30'11"W
OS Eastings: 434451
OS Northings: 198115
OS Grid: SU344981
Mapcode National: GBR 6WX.JT6
Mapcode Global: VHC0M.W0QV
Entry Name: The Dower House
Listing Date: 21 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284933
English Heritage Legacy ID: 250843
Location: Buckland, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, SN7
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Buckland
Built-Up Area: Buckland
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Gainfield
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
2/15 The Dower House
House. c.1820. Squared and coursed limestone; limestone ashlar dressings; Welsh
slate roof; rendered stacks. Double-depth plan. Regency style. 2 storeys;
3-window range. Semi-circular arch with chamfered architrave to 6-panelled (2
glazed) door with fanlight. Tuscan porch surmounted by balcony railings.
Semi-circular stone arch to sash over door. Flat stone arches to first-floor
sashes and on ground floor. French windows open onto small railed balconies
similar to that over the porch. Broad overhanging eaves. Gabled M-shaped roof;
gable end stacks. Rear elevation has flat stone arches over sashes which flank
semi-circular stone arches over 2 central sashes. One-bay extension to right in
similar style and materials has late C19 gabled extension to rear and right.
Interior: 6-panelled doors in panelled reveals. Straight flight with winders
stair with wreathed handrail. Partial inspection only.
Listing NGR: SU3445198115
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings