This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0518 / 51°3'6"N
Longitude: -1.7717 / 1°46'18"W
OS Eastings: 416096
OS Northings: 128071
OS Grid: SU160280
Mapcode National: GBR 51G.WDT
Mapcode Global: FRA 765B.PKX
Entry Name: Little Manor Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1284996
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319417
Location: Britford, Wiltshire, SP5
Civil Parish: Britford
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Britford St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SU 12 NE BRITFORD THE GREEN
4/37 Little Manor Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Late C17 with additions of early C19. English bond
brick, tiled roof with brick stacks. 3-bay baffle-entry with
matching bay added to north c1700 and rear wing of 1806. 2-storey,
5-window front. Door in C19 porch in second bay from left has
T.I./1688 on datestone above lintel. To right is one 3-light
wooden casement and to left of door are three 3-light wooden
casements. 3-brick plat band to first floor, oval windows over
door and one casement to right with three 3-light casements to
left. Right return has 2-light casement to ground and attic floors
with blocked segmental-headed window to first floor. To rear right
is 2 storey wing with 1806 inscribed in vitrified headers in gable
and segmental-headed 3-light wooden casement to ground and first
floors. To rear right is Early C19 single storey extension now
garages and outshut with C20 windows and glazed door.
Interior not accessible at time of survey (August 1984), but
recorded by R.C.H.M: C17 newel stairs have vase-turned balusters
with rich base mouldings and pendant finials on upper newel, reused
from unknown house. Ogee-stopped chamfered ceiling beams and
fireplaces with cambered timber lintels. History: Probably built
by Thomas Jervoise (1667-1743) in 1688.
(Unpublished records of R.C.H.M. (England), Salisbury).
Listing NGR: SU1609628071
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings