This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0413 / 51°2'28"N
Longitude: -1.7413 / 1°44'28"W
OS Eastings: 418233
OS Northings: 126912
OS Grid: SU182269
Mapcode National: GBR 51P.QKX
Mapcode Global: FRA 767C.HFM
Entry Name: Fort Memorial in the Churchyard, About 6 Metres South of the Porch of the Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 28 March 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1285034
English Heritage Legacy ID: 319402
Location: Alderbury, Wiltshire, SP5
Civil Parish: Alderbury
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Alderbury St Mary the Virgin
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
SU 12 NE
Fort memorial in the churchyard,
about 6 metres south of the porch
of the Church of St. Mary
Chest tomb. Early C19. Limestone ashlar. Plinth, two flush
beaded-panels to each of main sides and one to ends. Chamfered
cornice to flat top with inscription. George Fort, the builder of
Alderbury House (q.v.), died 1807.
Listing NGR: SU1823326912
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings