History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Court Lodge

A Grade II* Listed Building in Hooe, East Sussex

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.854 / 50°51'14"N

Longitude: 0.392 / 0°23'31"E

OS Eastings: 568461

OS Northings: 108781

OS Grid: TQ684087

Mapcode National: GBR NVR.9XG

Mapcode Global: FRA C6QV.0KC

Entry Name: Court Lodge

Listing Date: 13 October 1952

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1285042

English Heritage Legacy ID: 295398

Location: Hooe, Wealden, East Sussex, TN33

County: East Sussex

District: Wealden

Civil Parish: Hooe

Traditional County: Sussex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): East Sussex

Church of England Parish: Hooe St Oswald

Church of England Diocese: Chichester

Find accommodation in
Hooe

Listing Text

HOOE MILL LANE
1.
5208
Court Lodge
TQ 60 NE 20/291 13.10.52

II*


2.
C17. Two storeys and attic. Four windows and 3 dormers. Red vitreous
brick and some grey headers. Moulded brick stringcourse above each floor
at a level to form a dripstone over the windows. Casement windows. The
central dormer has a triangular pediment over it, the outer ones curved
pediments. Modern porch. The north and south walls have a massive brick
chimney breast each. The south one has 3 stacks, the centre one diagonal,
the outer ones square, with offsets on the west side, above which a fourth
stack has been added. The north chimney breast has 2 diagonal stacks and
2 square ones apparently added, the one on the west above offsets, the one
on the east carried straight down. The gable ends behind the chimneys have
brick coping and kneelers. The south one is pointed and tile-hung. An
L-wing of lower elevation was added to the east in 1935. The interior has
one room with very good C16 linenfold panelling having carved heads all
round the top and over the door. Other panelling and the staircase were
brought from other houses.


Listing NGR: TQ6846108781

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.