This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5981 / 51°35'53"N
Longitude: -0.9386 / 0°56'19"W
OS Eastings: 473611
OS Northings: 189336
OS Grid: SU736893
Mapcode National: GBR C3Y.PJC
Mapcode Global: VHDW7.P347
Entry Name: Whitepond Farmhouse
Listing Date: 19 November 1976
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1285734
English Heritage Legacy ID: 247508
Location: Pishill with Stonor, South Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, RG9
District: South Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Pishill with Stonor
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Pishill
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
PISHILL WITH STONOR BALHAM'S LANE
SU78NW (West side)
5/36 Whitepond Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Two front ranges: early C19 to right, c.1850-60 to left. C17 wing to
rear right. Roughcast front; Flemish bond brick with flared headers to right
side and rear. Gabled old tile roof to right range; brick lateral stacks.
L-plan. 2 storeys. 2-window range to right of 8-pane sashes with dentilled
eaves: 3-window left range of C20 door with porch flanked by French windows set
in canted bays; first-floor sashes. Early C19 rear left wing of Flemish bond
brick with flared headers, gabled old tile roof and 2 three-light leaded
casements. C17 wing to rear of two storeys has square timber framing with brick
infill, and brick wall to right; gabled old tile roof; large brick ridge and
rear external stacks; leaded light of diamond panes and C20 porch. Interior: mid
C19 interiors except chamfered and stopped beams and open fireplace adjoining
old door in C17 rear wing. First floor not inspected.
Listing NGR: SU7361189336
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings