History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Methodist Chapel and Attached Wall and Gateway

A Grade II Listed Building in Epperstone, Nottinghamshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.0321 / 53°1'55"N

Longitude: -1.0285 / 1°1'42"W

OS Eastings: 465248

OS Northings: 348758

OS Grid: SK652487

Mapcode National: GBR 9J2.YLS

Mapcode Global: WHFHS.51HT

Entry Name: Former Methodist Chapel and Attached Wall and Gateway

Listing Date: 22 October 1974

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1286108

English Heritage Legacy ID: 242090

Location: Epperstone, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire, NG14

County: Nottinghamshire

District: Newark and Sherwood

Civil Parish: Epperstone

Built-Up Area: Epperstone

Traditional County: Nottinghamshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire

Church of England Parish: Epperstone

Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham

Find accommodation in
Calverton

Listing Text

SK 64 NE EPPERSTONE CHAPEL LANE
(east side)

9/34 Former Methodist
chapel and attached
22.10.74 wall and gateway

II

Former Methodist chapel. Late C18 with 1891 extension. C18 of
dressed coursed rubble. Hipped plain tile roof. Single storey,
2 bays. Rear wall has 2 round arched lancets with lead glazing
bars. The south side has 2 large cross casements with lead
glazing bars. Projecting from the front is the C19 red brick and
hipped plain tile school room with sprocketed eaves and 2 red
brick stacks. Set on a deep plinth with chamfered blue brick
band over. Single tripartite cross casement under segmental
arch. The right/south wall has a doorway with plank door.
Above are 2 cross casements and single central arched board. On
the far right is a doorway with plank door and glazing bar
overlight. All openings under segmental arches. Attached to the
right of the front wall is a red brick wall coped with blue
brick. This terminates in a single brick pier with chamfered
edges and topped with shaped ashlar coping which forms a small
pediment on each side. Front inscribed "erected". There is a
corresponding gate pier inscribed "1891", forming a gateway with
small iron gate.


Listing NGR: SK6524848758

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.