History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Freckenham, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.318 / 52°19'4"N

Longitude: 0.4431 / 0°26'35"E

OS Eastings: 566615

OS Northings: 271687

OS Grid: TL666716

Mapcode National: GBR N90.QTM

Mapcode Global: VHJG4.MZLX

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 16 October 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1286368

English Heritage Legacy ID: 275764

Location: Freckenham, Forest Heath, Suffolk, IP28

County: Suffolk

District: Forest Heath

Civil Parish: Freckenham

Built-Up Area: Freckenham

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Freckenham St Andrew

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Freckenham

Listing Text

TL 67 SE FRECKENHAM CHURCH LANE

3/23 The Old Rectory
-
- II

House, formerly rectory. Mid C18 with rear range of late C16 and alterations
of 1830. Double-pile plan. C18 front range of 5 windows: 2 storeys with
attics. Gault brick with string at 1st floor. Plaintiled roofs with flat
lead-roofed casement dormers; end and rear chimneys of gault brick. Sash
windows with segmental heads of gauged brick, and small-pane sashes. 1-storey
C19 entrance porch of gault brick, flat-roofed with parapets. 2-panelled
entrance door with oblong fanlight having patterned glazing bars. The rear
range has a good timber-framed core of late C16, in the parlour are ovolo-
moulded 1st floor beams and other exposed framing; wind-braced clasped-purlin n
roof. The rear elevation is encased with gault brick and has good enrichment
of 1830 in the Gothick style; vigorously carved bargeboards and windows with
hood-mouldsand small-pane casements (the upper lights arched), 1-storey rear
entrance porch with hood-moulded and drop-traceried doorway; in the gable is a
diamond plaque containing the insignia of the Incumbent and the date 1830.


Listing NGR: TL6661571687

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.