This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.6449 / 53°38'41"N
Longitude: -1.0497 / 1°2'59"W
OS Eastings: 462915
OS Northings: 416904
OS Grid: SE629169
Mapcode National: GBR PV39.J4
Mapcode Global: WHFDN.VN94
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 24 November 1966
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1286425
English Heritage Legacy ID: 334662
Location: Sykehouse, Doncaster, DN14
Civil Parish: Sykehouse
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): South Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Sykehouse Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Sheffield
SYKEHOUSE BROAD LANE
SE 61 NW
2/85 Church of the
24.11.66 Holy Trinity
Church. Tower of 1721 otherwise 1869 by C. H. Fowler. Red brick with ashlar
dressings, slate roof. West tower, 4-bay nave with south porch and north
aisle, narrower chancel with north vestry; C19 work in Gothic Revival style.
Tower: simple square projection from nave with chamfered plinth band beneath
C19 west window of 2 lancets with quatrefoil beneath pointed brick arch; slit
window and offset band beneath wooden, louvred belfry openings of 2 trefoil-
headed lights; pyramidal roof with cross. Plaque on south side with name
'John Gibson' and date '1721'. Nave: chamfered plinth; gabled porch to bay 2
with apex cross; east buttress; windows as tower; shaped kneelers and ashlar
gable copings. North aisle has mullioned window of 3 round-headed lights and
pointed lancet windows. Chancel: lower and set back with blue brick band
on south side beneath 3 lancets, that to east set higher and cusped,
Clasping buttresses flank 3-light east window; gable copings with cross.
Gabled north vestry with 2-light mullioned window beneath shouldered lintel.
Interior: arcade has cylindrical piers with square bases and capitals to
2-order brick arches, similar tower and chancel arches. Blue-brick, ashlar
and cogged brick bands. 2-seat sedilia and piscina with arches over. Small
octagonal font of C15 date presumably from elsewhere.
Listing NGR: SE6291516904
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings