This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.0152 / 52°0'54"N
Longitude: -1.1449 / 1°8'41"W
OS Eastings: 458783
OS Northings: 235537
OS Grid: SP587355
Mapcode National: GBR 8VZ.RC6
Mapcode Global: VHCWK.3MM1
Entry Name: Evenley Hall
Listing Date: 4 February 1969
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1286561
English Heritage Legacy ID: 233967
Location: Evenley, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN13
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Evenley
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Evenley St George
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
6/67 Evenley Hall
Country House, now children's home. c.1740 for Francis Bassett; remodelled
after a fire in 1897. Limestone ashlar, partly rendered, artificial stone
slate roof. 2 storeys with attic and basement, 5 bays. The 3 centre bays
project under a pediment with Ionic half columns on the first floor. Central
stone porch, late C19, with segmental pediment and Ionic half columns
framing the entrance. Double doors with decorative panelling and overlight.
Ground floor windows have moulded stone frames and those on first floor
alternating triangular and segmental pediments. All have C19 plate glass
sashes. Round window in pediment. Hipped roof. Lower flanking wings set
back from main block, C18 and C19, two storeys, 4 bays, with sash windows and
flat keystoned heads. At the rear are 2 three-quarter circular towers of 2
storeys and attic flanking a central venetial window. C19 extensions on the
ground floor. Interior: Remodelled 1897 in Jacobean style.
Listing NGR: SP5878335537
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings