History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Heath End House heath End House and Evergreen Hill

A Grade II Listed Building in Garden Suburb, London

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.5697 / 51°34'10"N

Longitude: -0.1746 / 0°10'28"W

OS Eastings: 526608

OS Northings: 187226

OS Grid: TQ266872

Mapcode National: GBR CZ.W2L

Mapcode Global: VHGQK.XTK1

Entry Name: Heath End House heath End House and Evergreen Hill

Listing Date: 14 May 1974

Last Amended: 1 February 1999

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1286705

English Heritage Legacy ID: 199076

Location: Barnet, London, NW3

County: London

District: Barnet

Electoral Ward/Division: Garden Suburb

Built-Up Area: Barnet

Traditional County: Middlesex

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London

Church of England Parish: Christ Church Hampstead

Church of England Diocese: London

Find accommodation in
East Finchley

Listing Text

TQ2687 SPANIARD'S ROAD
31-0/29/210 (West side)
14/05/74 Heath End House and Evergreen Hill
(Formerly Listed as: CAMDEN
SPANIARD'S ROAD
Heath End House. Evergreen Hill)
(Formerly Listed as:
SPANIARDS ROAD Heath End House)

GV II

House. c1788, mostly rebuilt 1923 by novelist Sir Hall Caine, incorporating the wing of an C18 house known as Erskine House; now 2 residences. Painted weatherboarded range with 2 storey later brick extension to west. Main elevation facing south west. 3 storeys 5 windows. Wooden ground floor verandah with balcony at 1st floor level. Sash windows with glazing bars; 4 light window substituted for the original 1st floor windows at the east end; ground floor windows altered. Cast iron window guards to 2nd floor windows. Parapet. INTERIORS: not inspected. HISTORY: Heath End House was between 1889 and 1913 the home of Dame Henrietta Barnett, founder of Hampstead Garden City and Canon Samuel Barnett, social reformer (GLC plaque). Formerly listed in the LB of Camden on 14/05/74 and Heath End House included in the LE of Barnet list of 07/04/83. Following boundary changes of 1 Apri1 1994 both these items are wholly in the LB of Barnet.

Listing NGR: TQ2660887226

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.