History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Barton Mead and Attached Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Pattishall, Northamptonshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.1793 / 52°10'45"N

Longitude: -1.0072 / 1°0'25"W

OS Eastings: 467984

OS Northings: 253910

OS Grid: SP679539

Mapcode National: GBR 9VK.B6B

Mapcode Global: VHDS9.HHF7

Entry Name: Barton Mead and Attached Wall

Listing Date: 4 December 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1286927

English Heritage Legacy ID: 234796

Location: Pattishall, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12

County: Northamptonshire

District: South Northamptonshire

Civil Parish: Pattishall

Traditional County: Northamptonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire

Church of England Parish: Pattishall

Church of England Diocese: Peterborough

Find accommodation in
Pattishall

Listing Text

PATTISHALL THE CLOSE
SP65SE (South side)
Eastcote
7/165 Barton Mead and attached wall

GV II


House. Early C17, extended 1674 and altered C19 and 1926. Coursed limestone
rubble, slate roof, brick ridge and end stacks. 4-unit plan. 2 storeys and
attic; 5-window range. Main front to garden has old studded plank door to left
of centre with chamfered wood surround, moulded stone lintel and hood mould.
Irregular glazing of 2- and 3.-light casement windows with wood lintels,
single-storey bay window and 2-stormy bay window to far right of 1926, Central
datestone below eaves inscribed 1674. Right gable end has 2-light ovolo-moulded
window with hood mould and two panels above framed by another hood mould, one
with worn inscription with names John Barton and Richard Barton. 2-light
ovolo-moulded window to gable above with round-arched light and small leaded
crown glass panes, Plinth, quoins and hollow-chamfered stone eaves. Wall
approximately 3 metres high extends, from right end of house and forms boundary
wall of garden along the close and Gayton Road. Interior has stop-chamfered
spine bears. Stone fireplace with moulded Tudor-arched head. Smaller stone
fireplace in upstairs room with moulded jambs and lintel, Open kitchen fireplace
with chamfered bressumer. Fitted cupboard with semi-domed head, fluted pilasters
end shaped shelves


Listing NGR: SP6798453910

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.