This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.004 / 52°0'14"N
Longitude: -0.8251 / 0°49'30"W
OS Eastings: 480744
OS Northings: 234606
OS Grid: SP807346
Mapcode National: GBR D0L.879
Mapcode Global: VHDT5.NW4L
Entry Name: Whaddon Hall
Listing Date: 24 September 1973
Last Amended: 29 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1287475
English Heritage Legacy ID: 402141
Location: Whaddon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Whaddon
Built-Up Area: Whaddon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Whaddon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 83 SW WHADDON HIGH STREET
2/138 Nos 1-4 (consec) Whaddon Hall
(formerly listed as Whaddon Hall)
Mansion, now 4 units. Circa 1820. Colourwashed render, mansard slate
roof, rendered chimney stacks. Plinth, plain first floor sill course,
parapet with moulded band and cornice below. 3 centre bays of N. side
have steps to giant portico with entablature on engaged Doric piers
and Ionic columns. 2 storeys and attic, 7 bays. Sash windows, those to
ground floor tall and without glazing bars, 3-pane sashes to first floor.
Attic has dormers with paired casements. Double glazed doors to centre
with large rectangular fanlight. S. front has projection with central
bow and doorcase of Corinthian columns, entablature and minimal pediment
between block finials. Altered fenestration. Interior: the hall
retains screen of Ionic columns and pilasters, remainder destroyed by
fire 1976. Entire building much renovated c.1980.
Listing NGR: SP8074434606
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings