This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4806 / 52°28'50"N
Longitude: -0.9233 / 0°55'23"W
OS Eastings: 473219
OS Northings: 287513
OS Grid: SP732875
Mapcode National: GBR BSB.FDG
Mapcode Global: VHDQS.YX76
Entry Name: United Reformed Church
Listing Date: 25 July 1952
Last Amended: 19 September 1977
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1287658
English Heritage Legacy ID: 189680
Location: Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16
Electoral Ward/Division: Market Harborough-Great Bowden and Arden
Built-Up Area: Market Harborough
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Market Harborough St Dionysius
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
United Reformed Church
(formerly listed as the
SP 7387 1/31 25.7.52.
1844. Architect William Flint of Leicester. Recessed behind church yard. Gault
brick with stone dressings and rusticated quoins. Painted modillion cornice and
parapet with centre panel crowned by moulded scroll ornament and inscribed "Independent
Chapel". 2 storeys. 5 windows, the centre 3 uppers divided by engaged Corinthian
columns and flanked by Corinthian pilasters. Round-arched windows. Ground floor
ham tetrastyle portico with Greek Ionic columns in antis. 6 stone steps. Painted
entablature above with dentil cornice. Ground floor windows have shaped frames
and pediments. All windows, sashes with glazing bars and moulded painted architraves.
Facade to Bowden Lane, 6 windows, those of 1st floor round-arched with band between
floors and at 1st floor impost height. Interior: Panelled balcony curved round
3 sides of church supported on long scrolled brackets with low relief curving and
columns with composite capitals and fluted shafts on tall polygonal plinths. Moulded
arch at east end with modillion cornice and pilasters over organ and pulpit. 6-panelled
Listing NGR: SP7321987513
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings