History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Old Mill House

A Grade II Listed Building in Worlingworth, Suffolk

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.2742 / 52°16'27"N

Longitude: 1.2467 / 1°14'48"E

OS Eastings: 621595

OS Northings: 268972

OS Grid: TM215689

Mapcode National: GBR VLM.J01

Mapcode Global: VHL9W.K3FF

Entry Name: Old Mill House

Listing Date: 23 June 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1287751

English Heritage Legacy ID: 281404

Location: Worlingworth, Mid Suffolk, Suffolk, IP13

County: Suffolk

District: Mid Suffolk

Civil Parish: Worlingworth

Traditional County: Suffolk

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Suffolk

Church of England Parish: Worlingworth with Southolt

Church of England Diocese: St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich

Find accommodation in
Bedfield

Listing Text

WORLINGWORTH NEWTOWN
TM 26 NW
5/123 Old Mill House
- II
House. Mid C16 core, considerably rebuilt c.1800. Timber framed and
plastered, roof of mid C20 interlocking concrete pantiles. 2 storeys. 2-cell
form. Ground floor has 2 mid C20 casement windows without glazing bars and in
the centre an C18 3-light window with small panes. 3 old 2-light casement
windows to first floor. Lobby entrance with mid C20 gabled brick porch and
plank door with panelled face. Internal stack. The main components of the
frame are intact but there is replacement studding with straight primary
braces. Hall (to left) now divided into 2 rooms: moulded bridging beam with
run-out stops, the C16 joists all halved longitudinally and re-used. The wall
posts are chamfered with broach stops. Parlour has axial bridging beam with
slightly simpler moulding, also with run-out stops; joists concealed; evidence
for a gable end window with large diamond mullions. A tie beam over the hall
chamber, now within a studded partition wall, has peg holes for queen posts.
Oak newel stair. Roof not examined but almost certainly replaced c.1800.


Listing NGR: TM2159568972

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.