This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.7331 / 50°43'59"N
Longitude: -2.7549 / 2°45'17"W
OS Eastings: 346817
OS Northings: 92879
OS Grid: SY468928
Mapcode National: GBR PP.0CY3
Mapcode Global: FRA 5734.QJT
Entry Name: The Lord Nelson Public House
Listing Date: 19 September 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1287780
English Heritage Legacy ID: 104545
Location: Bridport, West Dorset, Dorset, DT6
District: West Dorset
Civil Parish: Bridport
Built-Up Area: Bridport
Traditional County: Dorset
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Dorset
Church of England Parish: Bridport St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
5191 EAST STREET
Nos 52 (The Lord Nelson
Public House) and No 54
SY 4692 1/265
Probably late C18. The Lord Nelson was originally called The King of Prussia,
so it may date from either the Seven Years or the Napoleonic Wars. In 1914
it became for a short time The King of the Belgians. Colour washed brick.
Pitched slate roof. Coped gables, No 52's with festooned urns above eaves.
2 storeys, and attics. Eaves cornice of diagonally placed bricks. 4 ranges
of sashes with glazing bars. 2 attic dormers with casements. No 54 has modern
shopfront and planked double doors with semi-circular fanlight. No 52 has
dentilled C19 shop window and 6 panel door with semi-circular fanlight. The
inner door is half glazed and the glass is engraved with an equestrian portrait
of a C19 Prussian King ( ? Frederick William II or III).
Listing NGR: SY4682692872
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings