This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.7968 / 52°47'48"N
Longitude: -1.6286 / 1°37'42"W
OS Eastings: 425138
OS Northings: 322203
OS Grid: SK251222
Mapcode National: GBR 5DW.P2K
Mapcode Global: WHCG5.YYNS
Entry Name: Iron Shelter Approximately 300 Metres North West of Ferry Bridge
Listing Date: 22 June 1979
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1288683
English Heritage Legacy ID: 273039
Location: Burton, East Staffordshire, Staffordshire, DE14
District: East Staffordshire
Civil Parish: Burton
Built-Up Area: Burton upon Trent
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Burton-on-Trent All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
Iron shelter approx 300 m
north-west of Ferry Bridge
SK 22 SE 7/141
Dated 1898. Situated at a point approximately mid-way along the viaduct, which
is an elevated walk-way being the western approach to Ferry Bridge (qv). The
shelter is an iron structure with sheeted sides and span roof with gables.
The shelter spans the viaduct and at each open end has slender cast iron columns
at sides with spike finials, supporting a moulded inscribed panel having foliated
scroll brackets at sides and surmounted at centre by openwork cresting.
Listing NGR: SK2513822203
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings