This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7708 / 51°46'14"N
Longitude: -0.9968 / 0°59'48"W
OS Eastings: 469315
OS Northings: 208486
OS Grid: SP693084
Mapcode National: GBR B0F.SY9
Mapcode Global: VHDV7.NRVD
Entry Name: The Manor
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1289013
English Heritage Legacy ID: 398141
Location: Long Crendon, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP18
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Long Crendon
Built-Up Area: Long Crendon
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Long Crendon
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
5132 LONG CRENDON FROGMORE LANE
SP 6908 2/48 25.10.51
C14 to C16 with alterations and extensions 1920, architect Philip Tilden.
Two storeys and attic. Stone base and timber framing, close studded.
Tiled roof. Courtyard elevation has west gable with 2-light attic casement,
4-light to first floor and 4-light transomed casement to ground floor.
Gabled turret in angle, stone below with two 2-light stone mullioned landing
windows and timber framed upper part with light casement in gable. Door
in return face to east; 5-light casement between this and porch with similar
and 3-light casement to first floor. Large stone porch added or rebuilt 1920.
Pointed arched doorway, 3-light stone mullioned window to first floor,
pointed niche in gable. Moulded gable coping and kneelers. Low roof to
C15 hall on left, with brick projecting part and 2-light window. Two storey
gabled stair tower in angle of east wing (qv) arched door in return flank,
timber framed at first floor. Garden elevation has timbered west gable
on left, small gabled stair projection, large brick stack with 2 diamond
shafts; hall roof with low eaves and half hipped gable end of east range
on right. Further large brick stacks at west end, and small stone and
timber framed gabled projection. Brick stacks generally built or rebuilt
Interior: Hall has medieval arch-braced base-cruck central truss with
second collar and crownpost above; closed trusses at each end of hall with
aisle posts. C15 screen imported. West range has good timbering and a
C15 stone chimney piece also installed in 1920.
Listing NGR: SP6931508486
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings