This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9746 / 51°58'28"N
Longitude: -0.8774 / 0°52'38"W
OS Eastings: 477207
OS Northings: 231280
OS Grid: SP772312
Mapcode National: GBR BZL.10X
Mapcode Global: VHDTB.RM0L
Entry Name: Congregational Chapel
Listing Date: 29 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1289031
English Heritage Legacy ID: 398083
Location: Great Horwood, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Great Horwood
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Great Horwood
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 7631-7731 GREAT HORWOOD NASH ROAD
5/37 Congregational Chapel.
Congregational chapel. 1821, converted from C18 barn. Brick
with some vitreous headers, plain plinth, moulded brick eaves.
Old tile roof. N. front has 3 barred wooden windows with pointed
arched heads, and blocked ventilation slits. Double panelled
doors between left-hand windows have fine wooden porch with
entablature hood on slender Doric columns and pilasters. W. end
has 2 similar pointed windows and blocked rectangular window above.
Altered E. end has wide double doors with barred rectangular fanlight
and wooden lintel, small C20 casement to right and 3-light casement
above with leaded outer panes. Royal Exchange fire insurance plaque
above upper window. Small outhouse attached to S.E. corner is not
of special interest. Interior has some original fittings, including
gallery on slender wooden Doric columns at E. end.
Listing NGR: SP7720731280
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings