This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9474 / 51°56'50"N
Longitude: -0.7828 / 0°46'57"W
OS Eastings: 483758
OS Northings: 228352
OS Grid: SP837283
Mapcode National: GBR D17.T34
Mapcode Global: VHDTL.D91Z
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 19 August 1959
Last Amended: 29 May 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1289258
English Heritage Legacy ID: 397576
Location: Drayton Parslow, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, MK17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Drayton Parslow
Built-Up Area: Drayton Parslow
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Drayton Parslow
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 82 NW DRAYTON PARSLOW MAIN ROAD
19.8.59 The Old Rectory (formerly
listed as The Rectory)
House, former rectory. Dated 1753 over fireplace in ground floor
right-hand room. N.W. front is of vitreous headers with red brick
dressings: quoins, vertical strips through both storeys to frame
windows, segmental window heads to ground floor and centre bay, and
moulded plinth and eaves. Gables and rear are of chequer brick, the
S.E. front with similar plinth and eaves. 2-span old tile roof with
coped gables and flanking brick chimneys, that to left with moulded
cornice top. 2 storeys and attic, cellar windows to left gable.
N.W. front of 5 bays, the centre bay slightly projecting and carried
up above the eaves with moulded gable forming minimal open pediment.
Flanking bays have 3-pane sash windows. One hipped dormer with moulded
cornice and C20 barred wooden casements to either side of centre. Centre
bay has 2 staircase windows, the upper partly in the gable and round
headed with radiating glazing bars. 4-panelled door to centre in
panelled reveals and architrave with doorcase of wooden Doric pilasters,
triglyph and roundel frieze and moulded pediment with dentils. S.E.front
in Gothick style has 3 bays, the centre gabled. Flanking bays have
2-storey canted bay windows with wooden mullions and moulded cornices,
transoms to ground floor and cast iron lattice glazing with curved
bars above transoms. Dormers have paired leaded casements. Centre bay
has 6-panelled door, the top panels with trefoil heads, and flanking
single lights, all in painted stone surround of 4 semi-octagonal Doric
columns on baluster plinths, entablature with coved frieze and cornice,
and moulded pediment over door with glazed trefoil in tympanum. First
floor has 2 ogee windows in moulded frames with impost blocks, shouldered
bases and leaded lights. Roundel with moulded cinquefoil light in gable.
Interior: C16-C17 doorcase to inner side of S.E.door. Entrance hall has
round arch to C18 staircase with turned balusters and moulded handrail.
N.E. ground floor room has re-set C16-C17 panelling, N.W. room has
Regency dado panelling and chimney piece with flanking arched recesses.
First floor N.W.room has good C18 wooden fireplace surround with
shouldered architrave, pulvinated frieze and dentil cornice, one room
with Gothick grate.
Listing NGR: SP8375828352
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings