History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Woodgate and Attached Wall

A Grade II Listed Building in Loppington, Shropshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.8524 / 52°51'8"N

Longitude: -2.7972 / 2°47'50"W

OS Eastings: 346410

OS Northings: 328624

OS Grid: SJ464286

Mapcode National: GBR 7F.SC1Z

Mapcode Global: WH8B1.0K8L

Entry Name: Woodgate and Attached Wall

Listing Date: 16 September 1987

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1289526

English Heritage Legacy ID: 260469

Location: Loppington, Shropshire, SY4

County: Shropshire

Civil Parish: Loppington

Traditional County: Shropshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire

Church of England Parish: Loppington St Michael and All Angels

Church of England Diocese: Lichfield

Find accommodation in
Myddle

Listing Text

LOPPINGTON C.P. B 4397 (north-
SJ 42 NE west side)

10/14 Woodgate and attached
- wall
GV II

House, now farmhouse. Late C18 with mid- to late C19 additions and
alterations. Red brick; plain tile roof with ornamental cresting.
Original L-plan with 2 mid-C19 gabled additions in angle to rear and
lower block added to right in late C19. 2 storeys and gable-lit attic
with painted moulded stone eaves cornice and plain corner pilasters;
6-window front, 2 to right separated from others by broad pilaster strip,
glazing bar sashes with moulded frames and gauged heads; 2 late C19
hip-roofed eaves dormers with decorative ceramic finials. Entrance
in third bay from left; pedimented brick porch of c.1830 over 6-panel
dooor (upper panels now glazed) with blind semi-circular fanlight and
C18 doorcase. External end stacks to main and rear range, that to rear
with top rebuilt in late C19 brick. Rear range has 2-storey bow to left
with a 16-paned glazing bar sash on each floor and conical roof. Late
C19 addition to right has C18 red brick wall attached with sandstone
coping ramped down in 3 sections to right. Interior: staircase of c.1830
to right of entrance has carved oval panels to decorated closed string;
stick balusters and curved handrail.


Listing NGR: SJ4641028624

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.