This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.3861 / 53°23'9"N
Longitude: -0.9073 / 0°54'26"W
OS Eastings: 472775
OS Northings: 388246
OS Grid: SK727882
Mapcode National: GBR QY38.CX
Mapcode Global: WHFG3.1570
Entry Name: The Old Chapel
Listing Date: 4 December 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1289620
English Heritage Legacy ID: 241491
Location: Clayworth, Bassetlaw, Nottinghamshire, DN22
Civil Parish: Clayworth
Built-Up Area: Clayworth
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Clayworth
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 15/02/2013
SK 78 NW
TOWN STREET (south side)
The Old Chapel
(Formerly listed as Clayworth Methodist Church)
Former Methodist chapel. 1824. Brick, rendered, with hipped and gabled
pantile roof. Brick plinth, eaves band, dentillated eaves,
quoins, stone sills, single coped gable. Single side wall stack.
Single storey, 2 bays. Main north front has central round headed
doorway with overlight, flanked by single round headed sashes.
Above, datestone inscribed 'Wesleyan Chapel 1824'. West side has
central round headed sash and to left, single C20 casement. Rear
has 2 round headed sashes. East side has single round headed
sash. Interior has matchboarded lobby with, to left, door to
vestry and to right, doors to kitchen and to gallery stairs.
Main hall has matchboarded dado and at rear, gallery, now
enclosed. Fittings include panelled reading desk and 14
chamfered and panelled softwood benches.
Listing NGR: SK7277588246
Other nearby listed buildings