This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4798 / 52°28'47"N
Longitude: -1.9069 / 1°54'25"W
OS Eastings: 406416
OS Northings: 286877
OS Grid: SP064868
Mapcode National: GBR 5Y8.VY
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.WXQW
Entry Name: Edward Vii Memorial Statue
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1289623
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217285
Location: Birmingham, B1
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Philip Birmingham
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 08/02/2017
SP 0885 NW
Edward VII Memorial Statue
(Formerly listed as Edward VII Memorial Statue, HIGHGATE PARK, Balsall Heath)
1913 Albert Toft sculptor. Stone standing figure of the King in Field Marshal's uniform and Garter Robes set on high sandstone plinth with bronze groups of Education and Progress (including youth and boy with model of Tower Bridge) on the left side and Peace on the right, a female seated figure with attributes, good flowing drapery and sensitive faces. To the front face is a far more Act Nouvean composition in bronze of a crowned drapery niche containing a small figure of St George and the Dragon.
This statue formerly stood in Victoria Square in front of the Council House. It was later moved to Highgate Park and in 2010 relocated to its current location.
Listing NGR: SP0641686877
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings