This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4871 / 52°29'13"N
Longitude: -1.9034 / 1°54'12"W
OS Eastings: 406653
OS Northings: 287689
OS Grid: SP066876
Mapcode National: GBR 5Z6.MB
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.YRL8
Entry Name: 60 and 62, Constitution Hill B19
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1290568
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216998
Location: Birmingham, B19
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
City Centre B19
Nos 60 and 62
SP 0687 NE 25/1
Circa 1820-30 works built for Fenners and Betteridge, Japanners, Papier Mache and
Pearl Inlay Manufacturers. Altered to rear as offices. Three storey symmetrical
painted brick front with plinth, painted stone cornice and parapet with coping.
Revealed sash windows, squat on 2nd floor, some retaining glazing bars. All have
block sills and moulded friezes flanked by consoles supporting thin cornices.
Central waggon and occupying 2 bays, segmental arch flanked by pilasters with large
console brackets to panelled frieze, projecting cornice surmounted by swept end
pedestal for Royal Arms of 1801-37 type, a lively polychrome composition set
against a trophy of small arms, poles, trumpets and flags - probably of Coade stone.
Office doorway to right of archway has giant elongated coupled consoles instead of
pilasters, the curvilinear fronts panelled, supporting sections of entablature
with cartouche panels and moulded cornice over. Early and unaltered example of
Listing NGR: SP0663787688
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings