This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.469 / 52°28'8"N
Longitude: -1.9203 / 1°55'13"W
OS Eastings: 405510
OS Northings: 285672
OS Grid: SP055856
Mapcode National: GBR 5VD.WT
Mapcode Global: VH9Z2.N6NM
Entry Name: 27 and 28, Calthorpe Road B15
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1291020
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216839
Location: Birmingham, B15
Metropolitan District Ward: Edgbaston
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Edgbaston St George with St Michael
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Nos 27 and 28
SP 0585 NW 39/26
SP 0585 NE 40/8
A pair of 3-storey c.1830 semi-detached stucco Calthorpe Estate villas. 3 bays
each and symmetrical in itself. No 27 altered c.1850. Plinth; first floor
sill band; shallow bracketed eaves to common nipped slate roof. Ground floor
windows set in shallow camber headed panels, otherwise plain sashes. No 28
has original entrance porch of unfluted Tuscan columns with triglyph frieze
modillion course and blocking course, round arched door recess with inset
fluted Tuscan half columns supporting modillion cornice, plain fanlight above,
panelled reveals, soffit and door. No 27 has c.1850 canted bay window on
ground floor and doorway of same date with dentil course on big console brackets,
no porch. No 27 has former coach house absorbed into modern wing, in keeping.
No 28 has hipped roof 2-storey brick coach house set behind screen wall with
segmental arched entrance to small yard.
Listing NGR: SP0551085672
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings