History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Walls to Dog Kennel Garden with Attached Outbuildings to North

A Grade II Listed Building in Newburgh, North Yorkshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.1817 / 54°10'54"N

Longitude: -1.1712 / 1°10'16"W

OS Eastings: 454189

OS Northings: 476532

OS Grid: SE541765

Mapcode National: GBR NN82.7Q

Mapcode Global: WHD8Y.Z5G1

Entry Name: Walls to Dog Kennel Garden with Attached Outbuildings to North

Listing Date: 24 November 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1293394

English Heritage Legacy ID: 332776

Location: Newburgh, Hambleton, North Yorkshire, YO61

County: North Yorkshire

District: Hambleton

Civil Parish: Newburgh

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Coxwold St Michael

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Coxwold

Listing Text

NEWBURGH NEWBURGH PARK
SE 57 NW
2/66 Walls to Dog Kennel
- Garden with attached
outbuildings on north
GV II

Garden walls with attached outbuildings. Probably early-mid C18. Rubble, with
brick lining to garden sides of walls, except for east wall which is all brick,
with ashlar dressings; concrete interlocking tile roofs to outbuildings,
wrought-iron gate. Brickwork in English garden wall bond and with intermediate
pilaster buttresses and ashlar coping, the west wall swept down. In centre of
east side, gate of C20 ironwork in ashlar surround with rusticated quoins and
5-part keystone to lintel. Building on south-east side now a swimming pool and
not of special interest. Outbuildings on the outside of north wall: in the
centre a 2-storey flat-roofed building with 4 round-arched cart-shed openings
with tripartite keystones and ashlar piers with imposts; above them, depressed
oculi in concave triangular panels. Cornice below parapet. To east and west,
continuous range of single-storey lean-to bothies, stables and stores, with
keyed oculi and irregular-spaced doors, all with ashlar surrounds.


Listing NGR: SE5418976532

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.