This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1299 / 52°7'47"N
Longitude: -1.1283 / 1°7'42"W
OS Eastings: 459764
OS Northings: 248313
OS Grid: SP597483
Mapcode National: GBR 8TN.HJQ
Mapcode Global: VHCVZ.DQCL
Entry Name: Church of St John the Baptist
Listing Date: 4 July 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1293444
English Heritage Legacy ID: 234263
Location: Weston and Weedon, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Weston and Weedon
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Lois Weedon St Mary and St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
WESTON AND WEEDON PLUMPTON
4/234 Church of St. John the Baptist
Church. Rebuilt 1822 reusing some medieval work. Coursed squared ironstone and
limestone, old tile roof to chancel, slate roof to nave. Chancel, nave, west
tower and south porch. 3-light east window to chancel, C14 has tracery with
trefoils and mouchettes. Priests door to south, C14, with continuous chamfered
arch. Nave windows C19 with Y-tracery. South porch has entrance with continuous
chamfered arch. Stone plaque in gable with shield inscribed, 'This church
rebuilt A.D. 1822'. Ball finial and sundial at apex. Inner doorway has arch with
continuous hollow chamfer, probably C14. Large medieval carved stone head re-set
as keystone. C19 tower with castellated parapet-and single-light bell openings,
the hoods surmounted by carved heads. Interior: Tower arch and chancel arch C14.
Octagonal font on baluster pedestal. Probably late C17. Original box pews and
commandment boards of 1822. Marble wall monument to Ann Moore, died 1683, has
finely carved frame with drapery swags, cartouche, and cherub's head.
Listing NGR: SP5976448313
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings