This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.1142 / 52°6'51"N
Longitude: -0.9198 / 0°55'11"W
OS Eastings: 474063
OS Northings: 246761
OS Grid: SP740467
Mapcode National: GBR BXS.G7V
Mapcode Global: VHDSR.04L2
Entry Name: Manor Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings
Listing Date: 1 December 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1293645
English Heritage Legacy ID: 235286
Location: Alderton, South Northamptonshire, Northamptonshire, NN12
District: South Northamptonshire
Civil Parish: Alderton
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Alderton St Margaret
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
GRAFTON REGIS MAIN STREET
SP7446 (East side)
12/49 Manor Farmhouse and attached
Farmhouse. Dated 1695. C19 alterations and additions. Coursed squared limestone
with ironstone dressings, old plain-tile roof and stone end stacks. 2 storeys
and attic; 3-window range. T-plan. Main front facing road has central panelled
and part-glazed door, probably inserted mid C19, with coloured glass margin
glazing, wood lintel and straight hood on brackets supported by posts.
Horizontal oval windows above and to centre of 1st floor with keyed stone
surrounds, that to ground floor flanked by stone lintels with keyblocks which do
not appear to be associated with any windows. 16-pane sash windows to ground and
1st floor left and right with stone lintels and keyblocks to ground floor, wood
lintels to 1st. Raised ironstone quoins and stone-coped gables with kneelers.
Wing to rear has blocked door to left side with datestone above of ironstone
inscribed H/JJ.1695 with Tudor rose. This original 2-storey, 1-window wing with
hipped roof dormer has 2-storey, 2-window extension continued by outbuildings
including 3-bay cartshed open to yard on timber posts. Interior:
ogee-stop-chamfered spine beams, open fireplace with cambered chamfered
bressumer with ogee stops and fine open-well staircase from ground floor to
attic with twisted balusters on bulbous feet. Bolection-moulded wood
chimneypieces with late C19 tiled grates in 1st floor rooms. Stone cellar.
(Buildings of England: Northamptonshire: 1973, p76)
Listing NGR: SP7406346761
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings